DEPOK Montessori School is located in Maharaja. We strive to provide beautiful environments, a challenging program, and a supportive school community to serve children from 4 month to 12 years of age. The school also offers financial aid to insure our goal of an economically diverse student population.
We encourage you to call the office and make an appointment to visit the school for an observation. You are encouraged to bring your child with you during your observation. This is a wonderful, informal opportunity to learn more about the school and you will also be able to speak with the staffs and ask any questions you have concerning the program.
We highly encourage you to come and see for yourself. We would enjoy the opportunity to share with you Depok Montessori School special vision of childhood.
If there is any way in which we might be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to call.
Day care time : 08.00 – 17.00 ( MONDAY – FRIDAY )
Depok Montessori School Daycare Procedure for Admissions
Depok Montessori School admits students of any economic and social class, racial and ethnic heritage, religious belief and family structure. In order to be considered for our Children’s House, a child must be between 4 month and 6 years. Children who are between 6 and 12 years by September 1st will be considered for our elementary program. The following is a listing of specific steps in our admissions process:
1. We ask interested parents to observe the school and participate in an informational meeting. Call for an appointment 021 77885753. The Executive staff will be present to answer your questions.
2. When the decision to apply is made, complete the application form and send it to the school. Applications must be received before 5:00 p.m.
3. If you applied for an Elementary position, the teachers will help you schedule a school visit day for your child.
4. Admissions decisions are made by administration and teaching staff. These decisions are based on an evaluation of the child’s school visit, school transcripts, and the needs of existing classes with regard to balance of age, sex, and ethnic diversity.
When There is a space available for a child, the parents are called for a new parents interview with the director of education. This opportunity to get to know each other and to learn more about the philosophy and operation of the school.
5. If a place is not immediately available, you may wish to be placed in our wait group. You will receive notification of waiting list status.
6. If it is our judgment that your Elementary child would have a difficult time in a Montessori environment, we will inform you immediately after the visit day.
7. Children on the waiting list for the current year must reapply for acceptance the following year. Application fees need to be paid only once.
Babies are little explorers and we have created an environment that offers that. It sparks their attention, encourages them to explore and allows them to develop to their full potential. We carry out arts and crafts, sing songs, story-time and one to one time with each baby. Every baby is made to feel special and loved. This safe and stimulating environment ensures the parents that their child is enjoying themselves and gives each child a great sense of identity and belonging. These are essential traits that we hope to instil in the children from the beginning of their journey with us.
Role-play and make believe in a huge part of the curriculum in this class. The child is an active learner and there is a great balance of adult and child led activities in this class. This is a fantastic way to observe how the child’s imaginative play works – it is really amazing!
This environment is designed to ensure that the children feel confident and comfortable. They have opportunities to share their views and opinions about what they are doing and what matters to them. The children have home work time built into their curriculum. We involve the child in designing the activities they would like to do weekly. Some of these activities include: baking, board games, arts and crafts, karaoke, make believe, invention, dance and music and creative play.
Our baby room has toys that will help your baby develop all of their senses. The first three years are critical for developing the brain and language for each child and this starts in our baby room. Our baby room is full of ‘cause and affect’ toys, sensory toys and exploration toys. It is essential for each child to realise that they can ‘affect’ things at this age. It is the first step in realising that they can then ‘achieve’ and become an independent and active learner in this world.
Depok Montessori School welcomes students
of all races, faiths and cultures.